Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Weekend 2014



I had kind of an odd Easter weekend this year. We didn't have any plans for the weekend.. that is until we found out the family was having some extended family over. We decided we didn't want to deal with all of that (long story) so we drove to Adrian's mom's apartment. We left just in time for rush hour traffic, so we ended up getting there a little later than usual.

We relaxed at the apartment until Gabriel got off of work and then the three of us went to a local store called Geeky Mamas to see what new stuff they had. I got a really cute vintage Disney Little Golden Book set just like this. Part of me really wants to open it up to look at the books, but I haven't decided yet. After that we went to dinner at Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant. The location we went to recently opened up and apparently there's usually a 3+ hour wait, especially on weekends. We got lucky and only had to wait about 30-40 minutes.


On Saturday Adrian's mom had a few hours to spend with us so we went to a local board game and hobby store. We were looking for Adventure Time: Card Wars. We have the BMO and Lady Rainicorn set, but we also want the Finn and Jake set. We found out that they've pretty much all sold out and they need to reprint. Adrian and I found it pretty funny that we were able to find it at a store in Fort Bragg, but nowhere in SoCal has it. I guess not as many AT fans up there? She also took us to a new Raspado shop near her apartment. If you don't know, a raspado is basically shaved ice with fruit syrup and fresh fruit on top. This place was nuts! You could get all kinds of raspados and smoothies topped with crazy amounts of fresh fruit. I've never seen anything like it. I opted for just pineapple, I'm kinda boring sometimes. To finish off the day we went swimming and then went to dinner at our favorite Hawaiian restaurant.

We had planned to stay in Anaheim until Sunday, but around 10ish we decided to go home. The apartment became a little too crowded for us, plus sleeping in our own bed sounded awesome after the long day we had. Finally, on Easter I spent the day reorganizing our closets. We're thinking of moving in the next year, or so, and all I want to do is pack and throw away stuff! I think there's something wrong with me.. :p In the evening Adrian's dad fried some chicken and we drank margaritas. A very weird Easter indeed. Thankfully grocery stores have put their Easter candy on sale (50% off!!!) or I probably wouldn't have had any Cadbury Creme Eggs this year. Which would have been devastating! I got some last night and I've already eaten almost half the bag. Oops.


No comments:

Post a Comment