Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Local Adventures; Aquarium of the Pacific


 It has been way too long since I last went to an aquarium. This past Sunday we went to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach for Adrian's mom's birthday. Everyone had a blast and I even touched a shark! The aquarium is the perfect place to spend a few hours just wandering around and looking at some incredibly beautiful fish.



While we were there we saw two of their presentations. The first one was a presentation on the Giant Sea Bass and the second one was Sea Otters. I was amazed by the size of the Sea Bass. I was happy to hear that, even though they were very close to going extinct, their numbers are now coming back.

My favorite presentation, and display, was by far the Sea Otters. They were so cute! There were so many and they were ridiculously fast. It took me ages to get a decent picture, but I was determined. :p


The sharks and, surprisingly (to me), the jelly fish were my other favorites. The jelly fish were so mesmerizing and just gorgeous. We were able to touch some of the jelly fish as well. It was such a cool, slimy, feeling. There was even a unicorn fish! (The second picture down on the left, below.) I had an amazing time and I can't wait to go back! We were able to go thanks to my job giving out free tickets, so a big thank you to Target and Aquarium of the Pacific for enabling us to have this great experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment