Tuesday, July 30, 2013

engaged at disneyland;

Today I wanted to share something very special to me, even though it happened over a year ago.

On March 7th, 2012 Adrian proposed to me at the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland. It was truly the happiest day of my life so it was fitting that it happened in the 'Happiest Place on Earth.' Seeing as we plan to have a long engagement (it's already been over a year), I doubt we'll ever do official engagement photos, but I consider these photos we took that trip as our unofficial engagement photos. Thankfully Adrian's brother was there that evening to take some quick snaps on our way out of the park.



Adrian's choice of where to propose couldn't have been any better. It was such a beautiful day and I was so excited to finally eat at the Blue Bayou. For those of you who don't know, the blue Bayou is the restaurant that sits inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and you need a reservation. While I quickly used the restroom before our reservation Adrian let the hostess know what he was planning and she made the arrangements. Our meal was incredible! If you're ever at Disneyland you need to try the Monte Cristo sandwich. A good tip to know is that if you go the restaurant next door, Cafe Orleans, you can get the same sandwich but cheaper and Blue Bayou is only serving it at lunch now.




 The atmosphere and decor inside the restaurant is so magical! You really feel like you're sitting in someones backyard by the bayou! The string party lights are my favorite. Anyways, after dinner we were so full but Adrian still ordered chocolate cake for dessert, at that point I started to get a little suspicious. We never get dessert and Adrian isn't a fan of chocolate cake.. Our super nice waiter brought us a plate with a large slice of cake and on the side were beautiful white roses. In the center was my ring. It is a moment I will never forget and Adrian made it so special and personal to us.




I had to include these photos as well because they make me smile whenever I see them. I'm soo lucky to have such an awesome (future) brother-in-law:



My only regret is not getting any pictures while we were inside the restaurant. Unfortunately the lighting is so dim inside that it's difficult to get a good picture. I'm so happy that every time I'm lucky enough to get to go to my favorite place in the world it will remind me of such a special time with the person I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment