Monday, July 29, 2013

music monday; zee avi


Zee Avi is a Malaysian born singer-songwriter who got her first record deal after posting a video of one of her live shows on YouTube so that her friend could see it. After being featured on the main page she was discovered and signed to Brushfire Records, co-owned by Jack Johnson. Also on the label are Matt Costa, Rogue Wave, Neil Halstead, and more.


Zee Avi is one of my favorite female artists. My first introduction to her music was in 2010 from the Brushfire Records 2008 Christmas album. Her song 'No Christmas For Me' was something I related to so much at the time. In 2010 Adrian and I had just become a long distance relationship again (long story) and the holidays were really difficult for me that year. Her music is so beautiful and I think she has a pretty unique voice, very haunting and down to earth.

You can listen to some of my favorite Zee Avi music over at Grooveshark.

No comments:

Post a Comment