Friday, August 23, 2013

my work space;

Today I'm sharing my little 'work space'. This is the first time I've had a desk since I was about 17 and best part is I got it at a thrift shop for $5! It's in pretty great shape, aside from a few scratches, and the locking mechanism is a little messed up. But all in all a really awesome find! You can't tell in these pictures but it looks, and maybe is, a desk from the 60's. My favorite part about it is the thin gold tipped legs.



Adrian and I made this wall art using after seeing this post over at A Beautiful Mess. The quote is from the opening scene of the tv show Merlin.


The box, which houses hair ties, and the glass cat are both from thrift shops as well. The stone-looking man is from a Halloween store last year.


One of the things I was most excited about doing in our room was setting up a spot on my wall to display photos of my family and friends. We had something similar in our old room, but it went across most of the wall and had mostly artwork, sunglasses, and random little things. It's still a little messy and not exactly how I'd like it (I've already changed it 3-4 times) but it makes me happy. That is the cleanest my desk has been in a while. It won't stay that way for much longer. ;)

Have a great weekend, everybody! My plans so far are lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory and searching local thrift stores for some stuff to spruce up my bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment