Sunday, August 25, 2013

old spaghetti factory;

This past Friday Adrian, Gabriel, and I went and had lunch at The Old Spaghetti Factory. This is only my second time eating at OSF, the other time was in San Diego during SDCC in 2011. I absolutely love this place, as spaghetti is my favorite food! The Old Spaghetti Factory was started in Portland, OR back in 1969 and now has 40 different locations.



I love the antique design elements and architecture. They even have an old-fashioned trolley that you can choose to eat inside-we definitely did! There's also stained glass and etched glass everywhere. So pretty! I went classic and ordered the meat sauce, Adrian ordered his favorite pasta - Mizithra Cheese & Browned Butter, and Gabriel ordered the lasagna. We also couldn't resist the cheese sticks. They were so good! I'm definitely going to try and replicate them at home if I can find where to get Mizritha cheese.


One thing I love about OSF is that you don't just get an entree, you get an entire meal. Every meal you order comes with bread, a drink, a choice of soup or salad, and free ice cream. Free ice cream!! And when the prices are no different (or sometimes cheaper)  than places like Ruby Tuesdays, TGIFridays, or similar chain restaurants that's pretty damn good. If you order any on the cream sodas they come in a pretty glass (seen above) and when you're finished they bring you a clean one to take home. We ate so much food. I'm pretty sure I was in a food coma the rest of the day!



After lunch we checked out a HUGE thrift store right down the street from the restaurant. I got an oldish Disney candy tin. There's no date on it, but I'm thinking it's probably from the 90's from how the characters look and which ones are on it. I also got a pretty much brand new Horror Pops record and Adrian got a much older live Otis Redding record. He's always looking for Otis Redding records so he was pretty excited. 

To finish the day we drove over to Ontario to purchase tickets for the WWE Live event that's happening tonight. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge WWE wrestling fan so I'm incredibly excited for the show tonight. The best part is that one of my favorite wrestlers, Daniel Bryan, is going to be there. I'll definitely be posting some pictures from the show tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment