Tuesday, September 10, 2013

halloween time at disneyland;

This past weekend Adrian and I visited Disneyland and were very excited to see that the decorations were up! Now, technically Halloween doesn't officially start at Disneyland until next weekend, but the shops are all decked out in pumpkins. We spent pretty much all of Friday night just going from shop to shop to check out the decorations and the new merchandise. I really wanted the singing head ornaments from Haunted Mansion, but they're pretty pricey.


While every shop's decorations and displays are different, there is definitely a vintage theme throughout. It's beautiful and creepy and amazing and I just love everything about it!! I might try to create something similar with my decorations at home. I already have a few vintage pieces and some of the bunting won't be too difficult to recreate. My favorite pieces were all the moon's with the faces on them and the vintage folk art  cat's (not pictured, but similar to this).


As exciting as it was (mostly for me) Adrian was disappointed to find out that the Haunted Mansion was closed down all week so they can set up the Nightmare Before Christmas decorations inside. He wanted to ride it one last time before the Halloween season started. The decorations they have on the Mansion are incredible. Really makes you feel like you're in the movie. I especially loved the list cascading down the side of the building.


This will be my third Halloween in California, but only my second time visiting Disneyland during it. I'm so happy that I'll get to experience the holidays at the Happiest Place on Earth this year. We're hoping to spend Halloween night in Disneyland, but that'll depend on our work schedules. I hear it's a lot of fun.


Speaking of Halloween, you guys should go check out my good friend Dan's Halloween blog, 60 Days of Halloween. He's new to blogging, but you'd never be able to tell. He's incredibly knowledgeable about what he writes and if you've ever had a question about anything horror related, Friday the 13th in particular, he is the guy to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment