Sunday, October 6, 2013

Local Adventures; Venice Beach & Santa Monica Pier

Our next spot to show our friend Connor was Venice Beach and the Santa Monica Pier. I was pretty excited about this because I've never been to either of these places.

We parked at Venice Beach and made the long walk to Santa Monica Pier. My legs were killing me the next day, but it was worth it. Venice was pretty cool and I love looking at all the little boardwalk type shops. I don't know why, but I imagined the ferris wheel would be a lot bigger. I guess everything looks bigger in movies.



We had originally planned to swim that day, so I wasn't very happy with how cool the weather was that day. It started out as a very cloudy day. However, once we decided to just look around I was really grateful for it. It was the perfect mix of warmth from the sun and cool wind. It was really relaxing to just enjoy the outdoors and the beautiful view of the ocean. I would love to rent one of the places right on the beach one day.



I'm so happy I'm able to visit and experience the things I do living in California. I will probably never stop missing certain things about where I used to love, but trips like this makes it feel worth it. You know, and getting to visit Disneyland pretty much whenever I want. :p Speaking of which, that's where we're headed tomorrow. I really hope Connor enjoys it. He's more of a thrill ride fan, so it'll be interesting to see what he thinks of Disneyland since it has very few of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment