Tuesday, October 1, 2013

diy; halloween banner

Happy October 1st, guys! The best month is finally here. :p

This past Wednesday after work, and while the guys obsessively played Grand Theft Auto V, I got started on a Halloween banner to hang in my room. Initially I didn't have much of a plan other than the colors I wanted to use. I cut out all of the triangles and then I decided what I was going to decorate each of them with. 


I wanted to include the stereotypical Halloween designs. Bats, pumpkins, ghosts, candy and a tombstone, plus some simple designed banners. My favorites are the candy and the bats. All in all this project took me about 12 hours. 8 hours on Wednesday and around 4 hours on Thursday. It would have been a lot faster if I wasn't hand stitching every piece, but I actually enjoy hand stitching. It may not look as neat but I think that works with this being Halloween themed. I might try and get a sewing machine before I make another one.





I am so happy and proud of how this turned out! Making your own decorations is so much fun. I'm definitely going to make one of these for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment