Sunday, November 17, 2013

dream closet; nameplate necklaces


I can't exactly remember what sparked it, but lately I've been really wanting a nameplate necklace. I remember having a lot of 'A' necklaces growing up, but never one with my name.

I've known a lot of people to hate their name, especially when they were young, but I've always loved my name. When I was a kid I thought it was so unique... Little did I know that the name Ashley has been in the top 5 most popular girls names for the last 20 or so years, and it was the second most popular the year I was born. -_- Anyway, I was reminded of this a couple weekends ago when we were staying with Adrian's mom. Her boyfriend's young daughter is also named Ashley and she loves the fact that we both have the same name. The whole time we were there she went out of her way to say my name, it was adorable! However, I've forgotten how distracting it is to be around someone with the same name. Especially when people are speaking in another language, that you don't understand, and they keep saying it. :p







No comments:

Post a Comment