Friday, November 29, 2013

thanksgiving 2013

We had a very low key Thanksgiving this year. We were originally going to spend it in Anaheim with some of Adrian's relatives, but we opted to just stay home this year which I think was a great decision. Thankfully my younger sister was able to join us for dinner. That made this Thanksgiving feel a little more normal than it would have. This holiday season is already making me miss my family. Christmas is going to be so hard.

Adrian made the turkey again and it was just as good as last year, if not better. The day before the holiday he covered the turkey in a butter spread I made. It was made with salted butter, one garlic clove, thyme, basil, parsley, rosemary, pepper, and underneath the skin he placed 8-10 sage leaves. So delicious!!

We woke up far too early because we thought we were going to eat earlier than we did (we ended up eating around 5:30, but we expected to eat around 1:30-2). Which was fine because it meant we were able to watch a little of the parade in our warm cozy bed. After that we made multiple trips to the store for things we forgot we needed, but once that was over with I was able to make a couple of pecan pies and then relax.

We spent the afternoon waiting for the turkey to finish cooking while watching some Charlie Brown specials and I'll Be Home for Christmas. I love that movie! I'm so happy that we have a fireplace in the living room. It made everything feel so cozy. I'm just sad that they're planning to remove the stone from the wall once they start construction on the living room. Like our makeshift tv stand? :p



Dinner finally finished cooking and I ate way too much! I love making as much from scratch as possible, my crock pot potatoes were a hit 2 years in a row, but I will never choose any stuffing over Stove Top stuffing. It really is the best! I hope everyone had a nice holiday. What is your favorite holiday food?

Now I have to go get ready for my 4 hour Black Friday shift, Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment