Tuesday, December 24, 2013

holiday baking;


I decided to have this past Sunday as my baking day. I wanted to get it done before we had visitors to the house so I didn't have to worry about the mess. The only problem is I now have delicious cookies and candy sitting there tempting me to eat it. I've already eaten far too much and we need to save some for Christmas day.


I made Chocolate fudge (not pictured), Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies, Danish Butter Cookies, and Hershey Kiss pretzel bites. The only thing I didn't make from scratch was sugar cookies, and those did some weird thing in the oven. I don't even know what happened but I had to immediately throw them away. That's what I get for changing my mind at the last second and grabbing the mix instead of making them from scratch like everything else. The meringue cookies and the pretzels were a big hit a couple years ago at our annual family Christmas party. The only other thing I might make is peanut butter cookies, but I might not have the time.

These are the recipes I used: Chocolate Fudge, Chocolate Chip Meringues, Danish Butter Cookies, Hershey Kiss Pretzel Bites.


I'm really proud of how well I stuck to my holiday goals. This month I've made all of the things above plus Mexican wedding cookies, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate fudge brownies, and pecan pie. The only one I have yet to complete is starting yoga, but I have a really good reason why I haven't!

 At the moment we have more furniture than space in our bedroom. We decided a little while ago that as soon as Adrian's back is feeling a little better we will rearrange the room and take up yoga together. He's been doing a lot of research into the back problem he's having and yoga seems to be a really great thing for it. I also think that I will be more likely to keep up with it if I have him there doing it with me and keeping me motivated. So fingers crossed that his back will get better soon so we can start that project.

Happy Christmas Eve, everyone! I probably won't be around much until next week since we work ridiculously early the couple of days after Christmas, but I hope everyone has an amazing holiday/Christmas. This is my first one away from my family, but I'm making the best of it and I'm actually pretty excited to spend it at Adrian's grandmother's house. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment