Wednesday, December 18, 2013

lately; getting ready for the holidays

These last couple weeks have felt so long. The holiday rush is in full swing and I'm definitely feeling it at work. We're getting four trucks a week now and on top of that we're working at 4am. It's exhausting and pretty much the reason I haven't posted much here lately. We're almost through the busy season and going back to work at 6am is going to feel great for a while. :p

Here's a quick look at what I've been up to lately.

I've been getting the house cleaned up, enjoying my birthday gifts (my new robe kept me warm during the really cold week we had last week), and obsessively marathoning Chopped. I think I'm driving Adrian crazy with it so I've started watching it on my laptop with headphones.

I've been keeping up with my holiday goals and I've been baking once a week at the very least. Mainly cookies because we always seem to have the ingredients for those, which is nice. I hate when I get excited for a recipe only to find out that I need to get a bunch of things from the grocery store, and then I never end up making it. I like to bake in the moment, I guess.

We decorated the house for the holidays and as part of one of my other holiday goals I made some decorations. I didn't make very much, as funds were limited, but I really enjoyed making the above Christmas banner. I also made a more simple, and much quicker, banner for our bedroom with left over felt.

Adrian and I dedicated an evening to getting all of the Christmas shopping for my family done so we could get it sent off. We then treated ourselves to Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It was delicious as always. Now we just have a couple of things to pick up for his family and we're done.  Yesterday I took a quick trip to Staples to get my packages sent off. It's such a relief knowing they're on their way and I no longer have to worry about them, as long as they actually arrive that is. I got myself a Pumpkin Spice Latte with my free birthday drink coupon I got for having the Starbucks app. The card is my one and only Christmas card this year from my older sister Nicole. It's so cute!

Are you guys ready for Christmas yet? I'm so happy that I can finally say I'm ready, I was getting a little nervous there for a couple of days.


No comments:

Post a Comment