Saturday, April 26, 2014

Local Food; Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant


Last Friday night Adrian, Gabriel, and I decided to try out a new restaurant in Buena Park: Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour and Restaurant. Their menu is fairly simple; mostly burgers, sandwiches, and of course ice cream. 

One of my favorite features of the restaurant were their menus that were meant to look like newspapers. We all wanted to try so many different things so we decided to each order something different and share. I got the Club Sandwich, Gabriel got the French Dip, and Adrian got the Old McFarrell's burger. I'm not a huge burger fan, so I just stuck to trying the sandwiches and they were delicious. Especially the French Dip. I also got a side of the Grown Up Mac and Cheese - 4 cheeses and truffle oil! 

Walking in I had a plan to try one of their many huge and amazing sounding sundaes. However, once finishing half of my sandwich and some of Gabriel's all I could handle was a regular old one scoop sundae. It was still really good and I got it with butterscotch topping. Adrian got the Oreo Bliss and Gabriel opted not to get any ice cream. I definitely think he missed out!

All in all we had a really great time and great food.. I could have lived without the constant birthday songs, though. But I guess that is to be expected at a place like that. At the moment there are only 7 locations, six in Southern California and one in Northern California. If you're ever in the area I highly recommend stopping in for a meal, or at least some ice cream. They even have a cute gift shop with old fashioned candy and soda.




Gabe was amused that one of his flags was upside down - so much so that he took at least 20 pictures of it on my phone. -_- 



No comments:

Post a Comment