Saturday, June 14, 2014

Life lately


This is a bit of a photo dump from the past couple of weeks. If you follow me on Instagram you've probably seen most of these. Life has been pretty boring for the most part lately. We've mostly been working and trying to stay cool at home in this horrible heat. We've also started a pretty bad smoothie habit. To the point that we decided to set aside some money in our weekly budget for them. We make them at home sometimes too, but they're just not the same. An Orange Blitz (sans blueberries) from Juice It Up is everything. I know most Californians love Jamba Juice, but I tried it for the first time yesterday and I think JIU is better..sorry! I tweeted about that yesterday and JIU @replied me, which I thought was funny.


Despite the heat, I've been doing a lot of cooking and baking lately. Adrian loves Alton Brown so on one of our days off this week we made this french toast. It was incredible! Definitely the best I've ever had at home. For the first time, I think ever, we actually bought bread that's meant for french toast. It was so thick and hearty (is that the right word?) that I was actually only able to finish one full piece, along with my bacon and eggs. Adrian and I have also been experimenting with paleta (popsicle) flavors. This week we made raspberry with mint simple syrup and lime. They were really good, but a little too sour for me.



One major change is that I went ahead and dyed my hair back to blonde. The picture up there was taken before work at around 5:30 am which is why I look so miserable. Ha! I had the black for about 4 months, and while I loved it, I felt the need for a change. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm always going to want to change my hair. Though I think it's pretty telling that I keep going back to blonde, especially in the Summer. It's my favorite hair color to have. It's also my mom's favorite hair color for me to have, which she made painfully clear after she found out how dark I had dyed my hair last time. -_- Going from such a dark color to a light one was definitely difficult, and definitely took more than one day if bleaching/dyeing, but it was worth it and it seemed to do minimal damage to my hair. It feels great now and it helped using that coconut oil deep conditioner during and afterwards. It had a really strong coconut smell that I wasn't expecting, though.





Two of my favorite hobbies I have right now are gardening and painting. I randomly picked up a paint by numbers kit a couple of weeks ago and it reminded me how much I loved painting when I was younger. The kit inspired me to go pick up some watercolors so I've been experimenting with those. I'm not great but it's fun and it gets me off the computer for a few hours, which I love.

I'm planning to do a garden update post this week, but for now I just wanted to say that since the pictures above were taken the basil has nearly doubled in size, I've had to re-pot the cilantro, and at least 4-5 more sunflower buds have opened up. I can't wait for you to see everything!


No comments:

Post a Comment