Friday, October 3, 2014

Inspiration; Halloween Party

 photo halloween2014_zpscff9fdd9.png

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8

I don't think I've ever had a Halloween party. I have one vague memory of a friends party as a kid, but the closest I've got is community Halloween parties. When I lived in the little town in Maryland where I grew up, the town always threw holiday parties. My mom was on the committee so my sisters and I would always be recruited to help decorate. I always had so much fun going to the community center at night when it was empty and help get everything set up. I felt very important. ha. During the parties we had cupcake decorating, games to win candy, and costume contests. At least one of my siblings and I would always win a prize because my mom always made amazing costumes by hand. One of the things that gets me most excited about having kids one day is celebrating holidays. 

I absolutely love vintage/vintage looking Halloween decorations. More than any other kind of vintage things. They're just so much spookier and interesting. A lot of the decorations I currently have Adrian and I found in various thrift/vintage shops when we lived in Virginia. My favorite by far, however, is the Halloween candy dish I found after Halloween last year. I'm excited to get to use it this year. I already filled it with candy corn my mom bought me.

 I would probably never actually use tarot cards. They've always freaked me out, along with Ouija boards. I had my palm read once with Adrian at Knott's Scary Farm a few years ago. That was enough for me. I'm not really sure if I believe in ghosts, but the possibility scares me and I don't want to mess with that.

As of now I don't have any plans for Halloween, but hopefully we can come up with something fun to do this year. Do you guys have any fun Halloween party memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment