Monday, February 23, 2015

Goodreads Reading Challenge | 50 Books in 2015


Around this time last year I tried and failed to get back into reading. I was getting my books from the library but it wasn't convenient enough for me to keep going, so in the end I just stopped reading altogether. For a few months, at least. It wasn't until August that I really started reading again. While I was browsing books at Barnes and Noble the movie cover for The Maze Runner caught my eye. I was like 'Hey, I recognize a lot of those actors!'. ha. Adrian had heard about it and said it sounded interesting so we picked it up. It took me a bit to get into the book, but once I did I became obsessed! I quickly read through the entire series. After that I started reading book after book.

Because of that I decided to start using my Goodreads account again. I noticed they had a reading challenge so I chose to read 25 books by the end of the year. Honestly, I didn't really expect to complete 25 books in less than 5 months. In the end I ended up reading 32, which to a younger Ashley would have been nothing, but to an adult Ashley it's quite an accomplishment.

Since I did so well in such a short amount of time last year I decided to up my books to 50 this year. So far I'm not off to a very good start. For Christmas Adrian and I bought ourselves Nintendo DS's and quickly became obsessed with Animal Crossing. At the same time we were binge watching Community (re watch), then Scrubs (a favorite of Adrian's and the first time for me), and now we're onto Friends (again a fave of Adrian's and a first time for me). Not a whole lot of reading was getting done at all.  On top of that the third and fourth books I've chosen to read are pretty long (514 and 763, respectively). Hopefully the rest of the year goes a little better. I'm going to be doing a recap of the books I've read so far after each ten I read, with individual reviews of my favorites in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment