Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Dapper Day Spring 2014 at Disneyland

There is an unofficial event that happens twice a year at Disneyland, Walt Disney World, and Disneyland Paris (Autumn only) called Dapper Day. During the event attendees dress in vintage or vintage style clothing - usually from the 20's, 50's, and 60's. It is a two day event culminating in a visit to the parks on the second day. The event is a throw back to when guests of the parks used to dress their finest. You're free to enjoy the park on your own, or with friends, and then there is a scheduled group picture in front of Cinderella's castle. If you're in the area and interested check out their site. They offer group-rate tickets and discounts for attendees.

I heard about Dapper Day too late last year to participate and, unfortunately, I doubt I'll be able to attend this year. Although I would love to go one day even if I wasn't able to dress up. Just seeing the large amounts of people dressed up in vintage clothing and accessories would be pretty magical. I especially love seeing people dress up as dapper versions of Disney characters. Above is an outfit that I would love to wear, inspired by my Space Mountain iPhone case.

Again, if you're interested in going either this year or in the future there's a great post with Dapper Day tips posted by thatawkwardgirl on her tumblr. They're all about what to wear, bring, etc.





No comments:

Post a Comment