Saturday, April 5, 2014

Local Adventures; Donuts, Farms, and Antiques.


My morning started with Adrian waking me up, far earlier than I would have liked, and asking me if I'd like to go to a farmers market. I immediately said yes. I was so excited because it's been a long time since we've been up early on the weekend to do something fun.

Adrian had made a small list of things to do that were somewhat close, the farmers market for example is 30 min. away, and we set off. The first stop was the Corona Farmers Market. It was really part market part swap meet, which is cool with me. I love swap meets! We didn't do much shopping but we did eat! To start we had the above donuts. They were freshly made to order and delicious! Like big pieces of funnel cake. After that we had empanadas, Adrian had a tamale, and we shared some macarons. Adrian chose black cherry and black berry. I chose coffee and lavender. I chose the lavender one because I constantly hear how amazing lavender flavored desserts are. I have to say, though, that I wasn't a fan. It wasn't necessarily bad, it just isn't a flavor I would enjoy having more than once. I'm glad I tried it, though.

By the time we left for our next destination I was stuffed!



Our next stop was a beautiful place called Tom's Farms. On the drive over Adrian told me 'Oh, yeah, we're going to go to a place called Tom's Farms. I think we can pet cows or something, we will just stop there real quick". I believed him and I was very surprised when we pulled into the parking lot and it looked nothing like a cow farm. Although I wouldn't have minded seeing cows, I wasn't exactly dressed for walking around a farm, so I was relieved.

Tom's Farms is a tourist spot in Corona, CA that has a farmers market, candy shop, kids rides, a wine and cheese shop, and much more. It was such a beautiful day, perfect for walking around this huge property. I really enjoyed looking at their huge candy selection and their fruit and veggies looked delicious. The best part of the day, for Adrian at least, was finding myzithra cheese at their cheese shop. If you've ever been to the Old Spaghetti Factory you've probably had myzithra cheese. Adrian has been looking everywhere for it for months and we finally found it at Tom's!

On the way home we decided to stop in Riverside and check out a huge antique store called Mission Galleria. This is my first time in that part of Riverside and it is gorgeous! We're definitely going back when we're able to do more shopping. I found a really cute homemade, vintage?, dress for only $5. It was such a nice store so I expected it to be a bit pricey, but they actually had really good prices for an antique store. I could have spent hours checking everything out but I was overwhelmed so we moved on. We checked out a few more stores and then headed to a restaurant we've been dying to try out for a while... only to find out they don't open until 5pm on the weekends. It's a gastropub called The Salted Pig and they have a pork belly sandwich that we really want to try. Oh well, another day!

We had such a nice time exploring today, but I'm excited to just relax at home tomorrow. And watch Wrestlemania 30, of course!








No comments:

Post a Comment