Friday, April 4, 2014

Finally starting a garden!



Last night Adrian's brother Gabriel and I decided to check out the sale happening at Home Depot. They are having a Spring "Black Friday" sale until April 13th. We took advantage of their any 5 for $10 sale and got some herbs. Adrian and I have wanted to start a garden since we moved here last Spring/Summer. We don't really know a whole lot about gardening yet, so herbs seemed like a good place to start. I chose thyme, basil, mint, dill, and I also got a bell pepper plant. I love bell peppers!

Until we get the yard cleaned up and ready for gardening we're using pots. I love that the plants we chose came in biodegradable "pots". They made it so easy to transplant the herbs to their new home. Moving the plants from the store pots to their new ones was what I was most worried about so I was very relieved. I'll keep you updated on how they're doing. I've already trimmed the basil plant because the one we bought was so full. I'm so excited to start cooking with fresh herbs all the time.







No comments:

Post a Comment