Thursday, August 7, 2014

A weekend spent doing what I do best...


Last weekend Adrian's dad kindly drove us to Anaheim so we could see Adrian's mom. It's been quite a while since we had seen her and she was not happy about it. ha! It was such a nice relaxing weekend spent pretty much just.. eating. It was very weird not having a car to drive, though. We were basically stuck at her apartment while she was busy with some things Friday night and Saturday morning. Luckily Gabriel was around Friday night to take us to Cold Stone. Otherwise we would have been stuck with no dessert. The horror!

Saturday afternoon Adrian's mom took us to The Boiling Crab for lunch. I've been hearing about how good it is since I moved here, but this was the first chance for Adrian and I to try it out. It was amazingly good. Adrian has been craving crawfish for a while now so that's what he got. I stuck with my favorite seafood: shrimp. I was not thrilled when I saw that they still had their heads (I had a mildly traumatizing experience at a Chinese buffet as a kid), but once I was shown how to take them off it wasn't so bad. Aside from my dad's steamed shrimp, this was the best shrimp I've ever had. We each got a 1lb bag, but I could have easily had 2lb's to myself.

After lunch we went to our favorite mall where I got Game of Thrones and Attack on Titan decals. They were originally for our car but I ended up putting them on my laptop.




On Sunday we slept in and then Adrian's mom and boyfriend took us home. But before we got on the road she took us to her favorite food truck to try out tacos with goat meat. It was my first time trying goat. I was a little wary but it turned out to be pretty good. I don't really know why, but I loved that they served the tacos with radishes. After our meal we headed home and ended the night watching Big Brother.



ps. I decided I wasn't going to say anything up top about me not blogging for ages. I've just been lazy and too busy watching the Big Brother live feeds or reading to do much else. Also, you may or may not have noticed that my pictures look a bit different. I got a new phone a few weeks back. I now have a HTC One M8 and I'm so in love with it. No more iPhones for me!

I'm also very happy to say that in just under three weeks my little brother is coming to visit. It has been approximately a year and eight months since I've last seen him. Depressing to think about. I only wish he was staying more than a week, but unfortunately I have to share him with my other sisters. Who have both seen him more recently than I have...just saying. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment