Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Recipe; Bacon Wrapped Chicken


If you haven't seen my last post, I started making daily youtube videos. Kind of a day in my life type of thing. In my latest video I made bacon wrapped chicken and scalloped potatoes for dinner. I decided to share the recipe over here in case anyone would like to try it.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken
5 Chicken Breasts (or 10 chicken tenders)
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup water
2 handfuls of cilantro, seperated
2 tsps of cayenne, seperated and chopped
1 package of bacon
salt and pepper to taste

Place chicken, lemon juice, water, half the cilantro, 1 tsp of cayenne, salt, and pepper into a ziplock bag. Let the chicken marinate for at least 2 hours.

Once you're ready to start cooking preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Drain liquid from bag of chicken. If you're using chicken breasts cut them all in half. Next, wrap all of the pieces of chicken in a single slice of bacon and line up the pieces in a pan with sides.

Once all of the chicken is wrapped and lined up in the pan, sprinkle salt, pepper, 1 tsp of cayenne, and remaining cilantro. You can also pour some extra lemon on top of the chicken if you'd like more of a lemon flavor. You're now ready to bake!

Bake the chicken at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes and enjoy!*

*If the bacon doesn't look like it's cooking as fast as the chicken you can turn up the heat or finish cooking in a frying pan. When I make this sometimes it finishes just fine in the oven and other times I have to finish in a pan. I'm assuming it depends on the type of bacon I buy, but I'm not really sure. Just make sure to keep an eye on it.







No comments:

Post a Comment