Thursday, July 9, 2015

Goodbye Southern California!


About two and a half weeks ago my fiance Adrian and I moved from Southern California to Northern California. I meant to post about us moving much sooner but the weeks leading up to us moving were busy (and stressful). You may remember last April we visited my sister and her boyfriend in the small town where they live (1,2,3). Ever since then we've talked about moving there. However, we wanted to stay where we were for at least one more year. I don't think his parents would have been too happy with us coming back for just one year and then leaving again.

Moving to the city where we were living wasn't what we expected it to be and we were becoming very unhappy in our current situation. So in April of this year (almost exactly to the day when we visited) we started talking to my sister about us moving in with them. The time felt right to move on, so here we are! Leaving Adrian's family behind was very sad, and I miss them more than I expected to. Obviously he does too! I was also a lot more sad to be leaving my job than I thought I would be. The closest Target to where I now live is over two hours away, so I had to leave the company completely. I spent 4 years of my life working for Target and, while I didn't have the same attachment to my second store as I did my first, I still felt at home there. My last day was pretty emotional.

I'm still looking for a job and I hope to find one soon. I've applied to a few places, and interviewed at one, but so far nothing has panned out. Wish me luck!

If you'd like to see our trip up North and our first couple of weeks in town, I've posted a couple of videos documenting it (here and here).





No comments:

Post a Comment