Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A visit from my brother.


Before I get into this post I just want to point out that as I'm writing this it's 107 degrees outside. I might just melt. At least we only have about two more weeks of this awful weather and then it'll feel like Autumn!!


Like I previously mentioned, my younger brother came to visit us. His flight came in on a Tuesday at LAX. I have a serious dislike of driving to places I've never been to/driven to before so I asked Gabriel to drive us. He was more than happy to. I love my (future) brother-in-law. Anyways, I was a little worried we would get there way too early but his flight ended up landing 30 minutes early. It was perfect timing. It's so crazy how even thought it's been almost two years since I last saw him it felt like no time had passed.

 After we picked him up we drove straight to meet up with my younger sister and her boyfriend at their apartment. After far too long of a discussion of where we should eat we chose a cute little restaurant down the street from them. It was converted into a restaurant from an old gas station. It was adorable!



My brother stayed with us most of the week. We spent nearly all of that time playing video games. He is very laid back and easy to entertain. I actually was worried he would be bored since we didn't plan any sightseeing or anything like that, but apparently he had fun. On Saturday night my younger sister and her boyfriend came to our house for a game night thing. It was so much fun but we somehow forgot to play the one game (Dungeon!) I've been dying to play with other people. Sunday afternoon they returned home, taking Christian with them so that she could take him back to the airport on Tuesday.


It was so nice to be able to see my brother. I missed him so much. One of the hardest things about moving here is not being near my family. Sure, I live in the same state as two of them but the closest one is almost an hour away. It's hard. However! My older sister and her boyfriend are coming down this way in a little over a week so that's pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment