Friday, September 19, 2014

To Be Read List; Number One

I have an ever growing reading list that I constantly add to. A lot of those books I won't actually get to for a while, but there are a few on there that I'm either dying to read or I'm most interested in reading. These are my current 'to be read' books.


Apparently I'm not really into happy books right now... I'm going to blame my sister because she recommended more than half of these (or at least showed me the movie versions).

1 // Tomorrow, When the War Began by James Marsden
My sister showed me the movie version over a year ago and I really liked it. I knew it was based on a book but I didn't realize it was a series. I really like dystopian books/movies so I'm looking forward to this one.

2 // House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
I first heard about this book ages ago when Adrian and I were with my sister at Barnes and Noble and she was buying it. I've been very interested in it ever since, but since I wasn't reading very often back then I never got around to reading it.

3 // They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire
This book was recommended to me on Goodreads based on books I've already read. The cover intrigued me and it sounds pretty interesting.

4 // Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
I loved Gone Girl and I finished it super fast. I'm almost done Dark Places and I'm loving it. Therefore I need to read Sharp Objects. I think Gillian Flynn has become one of my favorite authors within a very short amount of time.

5 // Serena by Ron Rash
I saw the trailer for the movie (starring Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper) the other day and it looked alright. I didn't even realize it was based on a book until I randomly saw it while browsing Goodreads. From the description it seems like I will either love it or I'll get bored and never finish it. Only time will tell.

6 // The Rule of Thoughts by James Dashner
I'm a big Maze Runner fan so I thought I'd check out James Dashner's other books. The Rule of Thoughts is the second in a series. It took me a bit longer to get into this series than Maze Runner, but I ended up really enjoying it.

7 // The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Another movie my sister told me about back when it was in theaters. I loved the movie (the American version, I still haven't seen the Swedish one) and I'm really sad they won't be making anymore. I've only heard good things about these books so I can't wait to start them.

8 // Night Film by Marisha Pessl
My sister texted me to tell me about this book coincidentally while I was in a bookstore. I didn't end up picking it up at the time, but I'm still dying to read it. Especially because me sister seemed to really love it and said it's similar to House of Leaves which I'm very intrigued by.


I'll be starting one of these as soon as I finish Dark Places. At the rate I'm going I'll be finished my reading goal well before the end of the year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment